Bruce Silverstein, MD
Corneal Care, Diabetic Wellness, Dry Eye Syndrome, General Eye Care, Glaucoma, Medical Retina including Diabetic Eye Disease and Macular Degeneration, Advanced Cataract Surgery, Clear Lens Exchange
As a cornea and anterior segment specialist, Dr. Silverstein’s medical interests include cataracts, uveitis, blepharitis, dry eye, herpetic eye disease, and ocular surface tumors. He also specializes in macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. His surgical expertise includes small incision cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, and laser vision correction. Advanced fellowship training has given Dr. Silverstein special skills to competently treat especially complex and challenging cases that are beyond the scope of practice of many other ophthalmologists.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honors from Harvard College
- Medical Degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internal Medicine and General Surgery Internship at California Pacific Medical Center
- Ophthalmology residency at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami
- Fellowship training in Cornea, Refractive Surgery, External Disease, and Uveitis at Francis I. Proctor Foundation at UC San Francisco