Bruce Silverstein, MD
Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Cornea, Uveitis, and External Disease
As a cornea and anterior segment specialist, Dr. Silverstein’s medical interests include cataract, uveitis, blepharitis, dry eye, herpetic eye disease, and ocular surface tumors. His surgical expertise includes small incision cataract surgery, corneal transplantation, and laser vision correction. Advanced fellowship training has given Dr. Silverstein special skills to competently treat especially complex and challenging cases that are beyond the scope of practice of many other ophthalmologists.
Dr. Silverstein and his wife Anne have two sons and a daughter. Together they raise lambs, ducks, and chickens as well as harvest a variety of organic fruits and vegetables from their orchard and garden.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honors from Harvard College
- Medical Degree from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internal Medicine and General Surgery Internship at California Pacific Medical Center
- Ophthalmology residency at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami
- Fellowship training in Cornea, Refractive Surgery, External Disease, and Uveitis at Francis I. Proctor Foundation at UC San Francisco