Robert G. Trent, MD
Dr. Trent’s professional interests encompass all areas of ophthalmology. In addition to the full spectrum of family eye care that includes exams for glasses and contact lenses, Dr. Trent provides comprehensive medical and surgical services to his patients. He has maintained clinical and surgical excellence in cataract and refractive surgery, pediatric ophthalmology, glaucoma, corneal diseases, and retinal diseases, including macular degeneration and laser treatments for diabetic eye disease.
Dr. Trent is an avid sportsman enjoying swimming, snow skiing, tennis, and boating. He and his wife Amy, a Registered Nurse, have two daughters and a son. They are busy with community and church activities.
- Phi Beta Kappa Highest Honors Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Tennessee
- Medical Degree from the University of Tennessee, College of Medicine
- Internship at Methodist Hospital in Memphis Tennessee
- Ophthalmology residency at University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Columbia South Carolina
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners